Answers to your questions

Have a question you would like answered? Email us and we may answer it. The questions here are based on ones from our readers, with identifying information removed.

Topic: Social Grants  |  Show questions and answers for all topics

Is it possible to change a Child Support Grant from a biological parent to the step-mother?

The Child Support Grant is paid to the primary caregiver of a child.

Read more

Can I apply for grants for my children if I have lost my job?

Yes, you can certainly apply for the Child Support Grant, as it exists to help support children when their parent is in need.

Read more

Can a person apply for a disability grant and claim from UIF at the same time?

You can receive UIF and a disability or maintenance grant at the same time, but not any other type of grant

Read more