Answers to your questions

Have a question you would like answered? Email us and we may answer it. The questions here are based on ones from our readers, with identifying information removed.

Topic: Labour  |  Show questions and answers for all topics

Our bosses drive the best cars but pay us less than R20 per hour and don't contribute to UIF. What can we do?

You can join a union and insist on your rights under the law.

Read more

How do I go about claiming my provident fund from work?

Most provident funds say you must remain a member of the fund as long as you are employed by the employer participating in the fund.

Read more

I believe a CCMA arbitrator was biased against me. What can I do?

You do not have the right to appeal a decision of the arbitrator, but you can take the arbitrator to the Labour Court for misconduct.

Read more

We work long hours and below minimum wage. What can we do?

You cannot be dismissed for insisting on your rights under the law.

Read more