Answer to a question from a reader

How can I transfer my RDP application from one province to another?

The short answer

Here's a suggestion about what you could do.

The whole question

How can I transfer my RDP application from Tshwane to Madibeng?

The long answer

Thank you for your email asking if you can transfer your RDP house application from Tshwane to Madibeng.

We could not find any direction or instructions as to how someone could transfer an RDP house application from one province to another, but equally there was no indication that this could not be done.

So, perhaps the best way to tackle it is to go first to the office where you registered for an RDP house, taking with you your proof of registration and a certified copy of it in case they want you to hand it in for any reason. (It’s important not to lose your proof of registration especially as there may be different housing lists / systems in Madibeng from those in Tshwane and transferring your registration may not be straightforward or easy.) For example you might be listed either on a Municipal Housing Demand Database or the Housing Needs Register in Tshwane. Each province will have its own system for allocating housing.

Explain that you wish to transfer your application to Madibeng and ask if this is possible. If so, how it is done, and how you can check the progress of the transfer. Try to get the names of all the officials you deal with so you can ask for them if you need to, and record the dates of your visits so you are clear who said what, when.

This is the Housing Dept number for North West: 018 388 5403.

Answered on Oct. 10, 2019, 9:55 a.m.

See more questions and answers