Answers to your questions

Have a question you would like answered? Email us and we may answer it. The questions here are based on ones from our readers, with identifying information removed.

Topic: Health  |  Show questions and answers for all topics

If you were not compensated for a workplace injury a few years ago, can you claim money if it is still affecting you?

The Compensation Commissioner will not pay for claims that are made more than 12 months after the accident.

Read more

I contracted Covid-19 and have received no support from my employer

You may want the CCMA to get involved.

Read more

Are caregivers employees or independent contractors?

They are employees if you control when and how they work.

Read more

Are there any free rehabilitation centres in Cape Town that take in heroin users?

There are two free government in-patient rehab centres in Cape Town. Other clinics may also be able to help.

Read more

My boyfriend accuses me of infecting him with HIV. Can I go to prison?

No, you can not go to prison for transmitting HIV to someone.

Read more