Answers to your questions

Have a question you would like answered? Email us and we may answer it. The questions here are based on ones from our readers, with identifying information removed.

Topic: Fraud  |  Show questions and answers for all topics

I got scammed by the lawyer when I tried to buy a property. How can I get my money back?

You can lodge a complaint with the Legal Practice Council and lay criminal charges with the police.

Read more

How can my cousin claim his deceased father's estate when a person wrongly declaring to be his father’s wife had already claimed?

He should inform the Master of the High Court that the whole family was not included in the nomination of who should wind up the estate.

Read more

How do I report a person who illegally used my daughter's ID to register for the SRD R350 grant?

Your daughter should immediately report it to SASSA at their Grant and Fraud hotline – 0800 601 011

Read more

Do I have to wait for the LPC to resolve my case before I can reclaim the money I was defrauded of?

Yes, because the investigation will determine how much money is owed to you.

Read more

My sister was listed as my spouse on my RDP application. It was approved but now that I want to sell the house she wants to claim her share.

Even though it was unintentional, listing your sister as a spouse is fraud. You may need legal advice.

Read more