Answers to your questions

Have a question you would like answered? Email us and we may answer it. The questions here are based on ones from our readers, with identifying information removed.

Topic: Debt  |  Show questions and answers for all topics

I am being pursued and threatened for debt on my child's school fees that I cannot pay. What are my options?

You have a legal right to a statement of the amount owed and how it was calculated. It is also possible to ask for a discount on the collection fees and apparently this is often granted.

Read more

My house's sale of execution and money judgment were heard on different dates. What can I do?

The courts ruled in 2018 that banks must bring both the money judgement as well as the application for a sale in execution on the same date.

Read more

My child's school handed me over to a debt collector. What can I do?

The school does have a right to hand over unpaid fees to debt collectors if a parent has not applied for a fee exemption.

Read more