Answer to a question from a reader

How can I submit a UIF claim?

The short answer

Register on the uFiling website.

The long answer

You can securely submit your Application for Benefits (i.e. Unemployment, Reduced Time Benefits, Maternity, Illness and Adoption), Continuation of Benefits and Notice of Appeal on the uFiling website. This is how to register:

  1. Accept the Terms and Conditions;
  2. Confirm your banking details;
  3. Verify/complete your personal details and update any changes;
  4. Enter your occupation and qualification;
  5. Confirm that you are a Work Seeker.

This document was compiled by the UIF to assist people wanting to register to apply for benefits. 

If you need help, you can phone 0800 030 007 or email

Wishing you the best,

Answered on June 10, 2022, 3:54 p.m.

See more questions and answers

Please note. We are not lawyers or financial advisors. We do our best to make the answers accurate, but we cannot accept any legal liability if there are errors.